Minergie-A and -P-Eco
Contract type / Realization
Direct commission 2017-18 / 2019
Katholische Kirchengemeinde St. Martin
The Catholic Church in Meilen was built in 1950/51 and designed by the architect Otto Glaus. The building is a simple sacred church with a columned portico, attached sacristy, parish apartment and secretariat. The attached Martin Centre was already built and extended in 1979 and 2007. In the mid-1990s the sanctuary was enlarged and a day chapel was added. Schwarz Architekten was commissioned to carry out the renovation of the church property. It was the wish of the church community to exercise restraint during the renovation and to let the church shine again in its original splendour. Schwarz Architekten fulfilled this wish, but at the same time, through the careful intervention, brought the building up to the current energy and technical standards. Thanks to the good cooperation with the local companies and foresighted planning, the operation of the church did not have to be interrupted.